Friday, May 2, 2008

Auntie Em!

Some really bad storms ripped through our part of Kansas City at around 2 a.m. today. One of my friends lives in a neighborhood that was heavily damaged; some of the houses around hers were completely destroyed. The storms also ripped the roof off of a preschool that some other friends attend. Compared to that, there was hardly any damage in our neighborhood. We were very, very lucky. The worst ordeal I had to face was the fact that WCK's sandbox lid had blown under our neighbors' deck. I had to walk across the lawn to get it at 7 a.m. in my pajamas (a Wizard of Oz t-shirt I've had since eighth grade, pink flannel pants with gingerbread men all over them, bright pink flip flops, hair standing on end), and wound up encountering a neighbor who has a Real Job and thus was dressed like a Real Person at 7 a.m. She didn't make fun of my gingerbread man pants, though.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment