Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy birthday, WCK!!

Yesterday was WCK's birthday! She is now THREE! Three is very old. Three is when you officially start to become a "real person" instead of a baby. I think I said that last year about two, but I really mean it now. I'm sure I will say it next year about four.

We had a party for her yesterday at a local park. The weather was amazing, and we had a really good time with lots of family and friends and a very cool dinosaur cake from Hy-Vee. It featured volcanoes that were nothing more than giant mounds of green frosting (oozing frosting lava, of course), and decorative plastic dinosaurs that really made roaring sounds. I made dino hats for all the kids (actually, I think they were really monster hats ... but they kind of looked like dinos), and we tried a game where they could pick prizes out of a bucket using one of those opening-and-closing dinosaur heads on a stick. I don't think this 33-year-old had the fine motor skills to pull this off, so it was a bit of a challenge, but fun.

I hope everybody who came had a good time. We sure did. Now I have to start planning next year's party. I keep thinking that some year I need to do a Wizard of Oz party, of course, but that would have to be my Ultimate Party Masterpiece. After that, I'd have to retire undefeated from the world of parties.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment