Monday, May 26, 2008

Zombies

About a year ago, the Mayo Clinic started up a really interesting clinical trial using the measles virus to kill myeloma cells.

The other night, Jay and I watched I Am Legend. In this movie, doctors cure cancer using ... the measles virus. Then everything goes horribly wrong. The virus kills nearly everyone on earth and turns everyone else into rabid, flesh-eating zombies who only come out at night. Will Smith is the only human in the entire world who is unaffected, and he must fight off said zombies. It was one of the scariest movies I've seen in a long time, and I highly recommend it, as long as you are not home alone. I'm rethinking how cool that measles virus clinical trial sounds, though.

Then I got to thinking: Cranky, hungry zombies who are up all night? Maybe they took dex with the measles vaccine.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment