Friday, May 23, 2008

Judy Jeopardy

I'm happy to say that WCK seems to be fully recovered from her mysterious bout with Mr. Potato Head Fever. In fact, she got so much rest yesterday that she announced her recovery at 3 a.m. by singing songs about dinosaurs at the top of her lungs for several hours. I'm happy she is better, but I wish she could have gotten better about four hours later than she did.

Today I got my official invitation to the Annual Judy Garland Festival in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. I've only been to this one time, in 2000. I met six of the surviving Munchkins, and I managed to make them all mad. The autograph line was very disorganized. I didn't know that you were supposed to buy a photo from EACH Munchkin and have them autograph it; I only bought one photo and took it around to all of them. Apparently, Munchkins rely on the income from photo sales, and they were pretty annoyed with me. The guy from the Lollipop Guild gave me the Evil Eye.

Anyway. I got my invite for this year. We can't go, but one of the events is "Judy Jeopardy" and the web site promises "cash prizes!". Dude! I would not be confident in my abilities at any other kind of trivia contest, but I could TOTALLY win Judy Jeopardy. I could be the all-time champion. Maybe I will be able to go next year. I'd better start training.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment