Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Free! Free! Free!

It's time again for the National Marrow Donor Program's "Thanks Mom" Donation Drive. From now until May 19 it is FREE to sign up to be a marrow donor at www.marrow.org. Usually it costs $52 to sign up. You can't beat free!

Did I mention it was free?

I know a lot of people who have signed up, and it's incredibly easy. The Donor Program people will mail you a bunch of Q-Tips and you'll rub them on the inside of your cheek and mail them back. Very painless. You'll then be added to the registry list until you're 60 years old, and you'll be contacted if you match a patient in need.

Who knows? Maybe I'll need your marrow someday. I bet if there's some huge cosmic coincidence and I match someone who reads this blog, we could end up on Oprah.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment