Monday, July 21, 2008

Prednisone, pounds, parasites, passings & pie

I had another chest x-ray and visit with Dr. Forman this morning. My chest is clearing up and I'm feeling significantly better today. Not 100% yet, but much better. I think I have the Prednisone steroid to thank for my new-found energy.

I was already on a downward weight trajectory before the Prednisone, but now I'm losing at an even faster rate - four coveted pounds in one week. I wanted those pounds. I needed those pounds, but now I'll have to earn them back. (I'd like to gain a total of 14.)

I was eager to find out if I'm the "hostess with the mostest." That is, am I the host to a parasite? Alas, the results haven't yet come back from the lab. I told Dr. Forman, "I never thought I'd say this, but I hope I have worms." He hopes so too, since that will be an easy explanation for
a multitude of unexplained symptoms.

I received a call yesterday from James, my cat-napping partner in crime in SF. He saw Bob on Tuesday and Friday and fears that he only has days to live. He has stopped eating and refuses a feeding tube.

My friend Kiki and I plan to drive up together to SF this weekend for a final goodbye. I'm not good at goodbyes (are any of us?), so I'm struggling with this. I found something helpful while reading the comments on Roy Siever's My Cancer blog this morning. The commenter recommended saying "thank you" instead of "goodbye."

With that in mind, I'll amend my previous sentence to read "a final thank you."

(Now, in an effort to pack on pounds, I'm heading down to Pie 'n' Burger in Pasadena for a chocolate milkshake and a burger. I may even spring for a slice of pie.)

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment