Saturday, July 19, 2008

Life among the weeds

Ever since I posted that video, I can't get that song out of my head. I know it's my own fault. I need to live with the bad choices I make for myself.

My sister posted a comment pointing out that Danny is hardly in the video at all. I had been thinking this very thing. In the "making of" video, Donnie explains the "plot": All of the guys have gone their separate ways for 15 years, and he sends out a text message that prompts them all to reunite. (Apparently a few dozen dancing bikini women received this text as well, although I wonder where on their bodies they store their cell phones.) If you weren't brave enough to watch the video (and, really, you SHOULD NOT watch it unless you want that song in your head for many years), I'll review: When Donnie sends out the text, he's shown getting into his own private helicopter. Joe is hanging out on his yacht, Jordan and Jon are each driving around in super fancy cars. And Danny ... is running around in some tall weeds.

Poor Danny.

Nobody ever liked Danny the best. We also sort of tolerated Danny as part of the group, but he was never anyone's favorite. I mean, face it: He's just not as cute as the others. He has no real skills. Yeah, he could lift weights and sang the deep-voice part on "Step by Step", but nobody was really that impressed. No girl would be caught dead wearing a Danny button or hanging a Danny poster in her locker. Now I'm wondering if each New Kid received royalties from his individual products. Joe sold enough buttons to buy a yacht, and Danny has to live in the weeds. It looks like he was able to afford a few new tattoos, though. Good for him.

In other news: I went to the Cancer Center yesterday. It was all pretty routine. My blood counts are OK. My white cells are a little low, but not by much. Dr. GPO said I could try 2 mg of dex per week. (That is half a pill!) Like last time, though, I'm continuing on the 4 mg until I get my results back showing everything is OK. I'm on it right now. It's not too bad. Really annoying and icky, but not horrible.

Now I'm off to sing "Summertime" in my head for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment