Tuesday, July 22, 2008

If I only had a brain

WCK has created a "scarecrow costume" for herself. The scarecrow costume consists of an old baby bib with little purple hearts on it, which she wears around her neck, and an old washcloth, which she wears on her head. The bib is her "scarecrow dress" and the washcloth is her "brain". She wears it all day long, and sometimes wears it to bed.

If you have any follow-up questions, such as, "Where did she get the idea for the scarecrow costume?" or "What does it mean?" I cannot help you. I have no explanation for the scarecrow costume. I've simply learned to accept the scarecrow costume as an important part of our lives now.

Most mornings, she wakes up searching for the scarecrow costume, exclaiming, "WHERE'S MY BRAIN?" To be honest, I usually ask this question of myself when I first wake up, too.

Thanks to the scarecrow costume, conversations around our house sound even sillier than they normally do. Just this morning, you could have overheard, "Mommy, my brain is falling off!" and "If you don't sit down and put on your shoes right this minute, I am taking your brain away for the rest of the day!"

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment