Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Gasping for Air

As I sit typing while watching Hoda and Kathie Lee on the Today Show, I think, "I feel pretty good. My body is slowly healing on its own."

But then I can no longer hold Betty at bay. She is barking and nudging me and crying out, "What's going on, Mom? Why haven't you fed me?" I take a few tentative steps. So far so good. I descend the stairs. No problem. I reach the kitchen and start gasping for air. I feed Betty and gather food for myself. I collapse in a chair.

I climb back up the stairs and, by the time I reach the top, I'm trying desperately to get enough oxygen into my lungs.

As bad as that may sound, I think I'm doing a little better than yesterday. And I'm definitely doing better than the weekend.

I won't need to exert myself for another two hours, when I'll start getting ready for my afternoon scans and x-rays at CoH.

Tomorrow I'll return at 10 am for pulmonary testing, appointment with pulmonologist, blood draw and, finally at 2 pm, another visit with Dr. Forman.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment