Tuesday, November 20, 2007

That was then, this is now

A few weeks ago, I was tickled to receive this photo from an old friend, Mary Kay.


That was then, circa 1979.

Taken more than 25 years ago during a wind surfing class at Marina Del Rey, the photo made me wonder how much Mary Kay has changed. (MK left LA more than a decade ago.) I asked if her hair is as flaxen and her waistline as bee-like. She said that she's slightly thicker through the middle, but she's still a blondie blonde. Her husband adds that she "still has the same cheesy grin."

This photo reminds me that I haven't changed that much either. With life being one big hair cycle, I once again have the same 'do a quarter of a century later. (Believe me, neither the bad 70's perm nor my current '07 Kewpie doll curls were intentional.)

I may look "heavy" in the above photo, but it's misleading because I'm standing next to a buff Kate Moss. I was actually just three pounds heavier than my current chemo-chic body.


This is now, November 20, 2007.

(PS I'm continuing to feel well, have only minor physical complaints and am staying busier than I ever imagined.)

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment