Thursday, November 1, 2007

Go Ahead and Ask Me!

I finally have an answer to the most frequently asked question. No, not "Has George learned to cook?" or "Where are you spending Thanksgiving?" I can finally answer "When is your stem cell transplant?"

(Insert drum roll here.)

On Wednesday, November 7, I'll be checking in to Hotel Hope for my month-long stay.

At the moment, I'm feeling a little light headed from this unexpected good news. I'm leaving tomorrow for the Minneapolis/Chicago trip and will return on Monday night. I'll spend a good chunk of Tuesday at CoH, so that doesn't give me much time to prepare. I still have a thousand and one items on my "Things to Do Before My Transplant" list (watch for the soon-to-be-released book and movie), but I may have to pare that down to a dozen or so.

"Play dates" for walks, hikes, coffee or lunch that were penciled in my calendar will have to wait until 2008.

And, you guessed it. I'll be having my Thanksgiving dinner at Hotel Hope. I can't wait to find out what the chef has whipped up.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment