Thursday, November 1, 2007

Meeting of the Medical Minds

Last Friday Dr. Forman and his team met to discuss my case. Remember the unresolved head scratching about the spots on my PET scan? Most of the medical minds agreed that "It's probably nothing," and decided against doing any exploratory surgery. We'll just keep an eye on that spot "for the next 10 to 15 years."

The team also decided against doing the Zevalin trial of radioimmunotherapy because of my blood's history of being unable to bounce back. They want me and my blood counts as high as possible before the pre-SCT high-dose chemo knocks them down to near nada.

I definitely would have liked to have done the radioimmunotherapy because of documented improvements in survival and remission times, but this is the time when I just need to trust and surrender.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment