Saturday, November 24, 2007

Hair, we go again


A week ago, my scalp became tender to the touch. I knew what this meant: I was about to go bald again.


Sure enough, my hair has been shedding like a cheap rug. Clumps of hair swirl down the shower drain. Tufts of hair cover my pillow case. Strands of hair sweep across the floor. Every day, a nurse encourages me to go ahead and take it all off, but I'm hanging on until Monday for the clipping ceremony.

I'm thinking of forming a "bald again" club (although it sounds like a cult) for those who have gone bald twice in the same year. I think our numbers are relatively small because it's unusual to have enough time between treatments for the hair to grow back.

But I'll have to be careful about setting up the criteria for membership. What if Britney says, "Oops, I did it again" and takes the clippers to her scalp one more time.

.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment