Wednesday, August 27, 2008

To Walk or Not to Walk

I do believe that my lungs are improving. The progress is slow, but it's there.

I am still so far away from being a fully functioning human being. I still have to elaborately plot out trips to the bathroom to avoid a blackout spell. I'm still out of breath after a flight of stairs. Even pleasurable activities, like going for a mani-pedi with a friend, tire me out.

With that being said, I'm looking at my September calendar and trying to figure out which engagements to keep and which to strike. The most important date is September 14, the night of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Walk. That's a little more than two weeks away. Will I be up to an action-packed evening that culminates in a 2.8 mile walk? Ordinarily, that would be nothing, but I haven't walked for more than 200 paces without a break for the last month.

I should be in high recruitment mode, trying to build up my team of walkers, but now I don't know what to do. I don't know whether to forge ahead under the assumption that I will have bounced back completely by then, or just say, "I raised $550 and that will have to be good enough." Maybe I should see how I feel in one week. Maybe I should recruit walkers with the caveat that I may not be there.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on this.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment