Friday, October 22, 2010

Another article

A few months ago I was interviewed for an article on lingering effects on life after (or in my case, with) cancer for Health To You magazine (h2u). h2u is a membership organization providing "benefits and resources that support your health and well-being." The article came out recently and I received a copy of the magazine from the author.


The article is called "A lifelong journey: How cancer survivors pick up the pieces." Although I was not featured on the cover, the table of contents on page two shows a picture of Bobka and I (he's nosing my face) as the draw for the article on page six. There is also a cute photo of me with both dogs at my section of the article. In this one, Pumpkin is licking my face.


The article itself features four people: a man with advanced melanoma that has spread into his bones and liver; a woman with advanced, squamous cell carcinoma on her tongue; a woman who developed lymphedema after her breast cancer surgery; and me. The man and I are the only people interviewed who have metastatic disease -- cancer that has spread outside the original area of diagnosis.


I was happy to talk with the author and she did a great job of listening to me and telling part of my story in this article. 

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment