Sunday, February 15, 2009

You catch more flies with Cheez-Its

Last week, I wrote about WCK throwing an Exorcist-like tantrum at the grocery store because I wouldn't buy her a bottle of vinegar. Today I had to go back to the store, and I was pretty scared of what was going to happen. For all I knew, Price Chopper had posted our photo in the break room, instructing employees to chase us away from the entrance with crosses and holy water.

Before we left, WCK and I had a long talk about how she "screamed at me" at the grocery store. WCK explained earnestly that she wanted "the square crackers", and that is why she screamed. Crackers? What about the vinegar? I mean, duh, I would have bought her some crackers. I did not bring up the vinegar at risk of causing flashbacks, but I told her that we could get crackers as one of her snacks this week if she behaved. She agreed to my terms, and she was a perfect angel. Then, we entered the vinegar aisle. I held my breath, and .... WCK pointed calmly to a Cheez-Its display right next to the vinegar.

"Those crackers," she said calmly.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That .... makes a lot more sense.

Now we know. She did not throw the tantrum because she wanted vinegar. She threw the tantrum because her mother is dumb. At least I know now that my child is not insane.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment