Sunday, April 13, 2008

Take me away from the ball game ...

Today we took WCK to her first Kansas City Royals game. And it was cold. Really, really, really, really, really cold.

When Jay bought the tickets, they were forecasting high 50s/low 60s and sunny. Every day leading up to the game, the forecasted temperature would go down a little bit. Today ended up being in the low 40s and cloudy and windy: Like I said, really, really, really, really, really cold.

We decided to bundle everyone up and brave the elements anyway. We tailgated, but WCK and I wisely ate our hot dogs in the car. WCK thought eating in the car was the greatest thing ever. In fact, she had a wonderful time at the game until, oh, the national anthem ended. Then she started up a running commentary that went like this: "Is it over yet, Mommy? Is it over? Is it over? Is it over yet, Mommy?" Whenever I would say, no, it's not over, she'd object. "I say yes. I say yes, it's over."

We left during the fourth inning.

When poor Jay tried to listen to the rest of the game on the radio on the way home, WCK began crying for Mr. Stinky Feet, and he had to turn the radio off. (Mr. Stinky Feet is the only thing WCK allows us to listen to in the car. THE ONLY THING.) WCK fell asleep on the way home, and Jay and I didn't even think to turn off Mr. Stinky Feet and turn the grownup radio back on. While we were sitting at a traffic light about one minute from our house, I realized I was quietly singing along with "What Color is Your Mini-Van?" instead of listening to the game or some non-Stinky music.

At least the hot dogs were really good.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment