Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I EOF-ed!

That's what we used to say back in the Olden Days when I worked on my college newspaper. EOF stands for Error of Fact, and it was such a big deal that we turned it into a verb. If you misspelled a word or someone's name or got anything wrong in your article, somebody -- usually the EIC (and that stands for Editor-in-Chief; apparently we were far to busy to use entire words) -- would declare, "You EOF-ed!" and then you wouldn't get paid for that story. We were only paid $8 per story -- $10 if it was a particularly long or difficult story -- which seems ridiculous now, but when you're an impoverished college student, $8 can buy a lot of ramen.

Anyway, I posted the other day about Tiny Little Super Guy, only to discover that it is actually TEENY Little Super Guy. I'm so ashamed. If I got paid for this blog, I'd dock my own pay.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with TLSG, here is a short video. It was from Sesame Street in the '70s and '80s.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment