Saturday, February 16, 2008

Shout Hurray! *

* The title of another Mr. Stinky Feet song. It's a sickness.

After a week on the new 12 mg Dex schedule (4 mg on Monday, Wednesday, Friday), I'm happy to report that everything is going really well so far. Every time I take a dose, I get really scared, but there's been no more waking up to drink Diet Coke and write on the blog at 3 a.m. It's like the first time your newborn sleeps through the night: You go to bed expecting to be awake a few hours later, and instead you wake up in the morning, feeling completely stunned, yet feeling rested in what feels like the first time in forever. I'm still trying to get over the Martian Death Cold that I caught from WCK, and the Dex actually makes the cold symptoms go away. On the nights that I take it, I can actually breathe at night, so I actually have been sleeping better when I'm on the Dex.

I shouldn't get too cocky, though. Whenever my Dex dose gets changed, I do pretty well for about a month to six weeks or so, and then it all goes bad again. This week was good, though. One week at a time.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment