Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blood royalty

Here we are at Mayo. I've already given up my blood. We're scheduled to meet with the doctor in about an hour or so.

They've changed around the blood area here at Mayo. In the past, everyone who needed to get blood taken would get to pass through a set of festive purple doors into our very own blood-draw waiting room. It was just another waiting room, but no non-blood draw people were allowed in, so it made you feel a little special. Now, we get to wait out in the regular lobby like everyone else. I'm not sure if this is a permanent thing or what, but it did look like the old blood room had some remodeling going on. I'm hoping a new, improved blood room is coming soon. I don't want to wait out on the regular waiting room like a commoner when I am clearly Blood Royalty. Maybe the new blood room will have big-screen TVs and a waitstaff serving drinks with umbrellas in them. Even if it doesn't, I'll tell everyone that it does.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment