Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankful: The complete list

A few posts ago, I mentioned our "Thanksgiving Tree." Every year, WCK and I draw a picture of a tree on a big piece of poster board, and then every night during November, Jay, WCK, and I write one thing we're each thankful for on a leaf and stick it to the tree. This year, WCK was able to write words on her leaves herself. Some of her words are perfectly readable; others needed me to put little "captions" under them when she wasn't looking so I'd remember what that leaf was supposed to say. The poster is full of leaves now, and I can tell you our complete list. I know we have even more to be thankful for than what's on this list, but this is what we came up with in November:

WCK
Mommy
Daddy
Granddaughters (that one was added by my dad when he was here)
My bed
Helping
Chairs
Grandma Kathy
Good food
Running
Sunny Days
Friends
Daughters who like Star Wars (Yeah, Jay put that one!)
Beer (That one, too!)
Football (Again, Jay.)
Grandma Marty
Grandpa Mike
Grandpa Mark
Uncle Pat
Aunt Kim
Garland
Cats
My house
Tapeworms
That we don't have tapeworms!
WCK's school
Sunday school
Delicious apples
Church
Turkey
Movies
Light
Coffee
Friends at school
Parks
Uncle T.J.
Cartoons
Cookies
Judy Garland
Frog (WCK's favorite stuffed animal)
Candles
Cats
Aunt Jenny
President Obama
Books
Cousin A.
Cousin L.
Aunt Patty
Elephants
Pepper -- the dog, not the kind you eat (WCK made me write it exactly that way)

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment