Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Obsessive Type

When you're a blood cancer patient, it's easy to become obsessed with your blood counts. That chapter is behind me, but now it's equally tempting to become obsessed about the rapidly mutliplying EOS in my blood.

It's nice to take a break and become obsessed with something else. The color of houses instead of the color of blood. The number of coats of paint instead of the number of white blood cells. Paint palette trends instead of EOS trends.

It's doubly nice when you can make that obsession into a story for the Home & Garden section of the LA Times. Read my story, House Paint as Obsession. (The color palette of the house in the photo, by the way, may look familiar. It's the one I poached for my house.)

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment