Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Maybe you had to be there ...

Like me, WCK likes to play around with words. She likes to make up silly words and rhyme things, and she's just starting to dabble in puns. The other day, I asked her if she wanted some fruit punch. She thought for a minute and said, "I want a BUNCH of PUNCH!" We both laughed really hard, and then I said, "Do you want a bunch of punch ... for LUNCH?" Man, this was downright hilarious. We could not contain ourselves. We still talk about it.

Today, I asked her if she wanted to watch one of her favorite shows, "Word World."

"No," she said. "I want to watch 'Purred World.'" She waited a beat and added, "It's about kitties."

Dang, she's good, and she's only three. Imagine the puns that are going to come out of her when she is 18. Imagine all of the people who are going to want to smack her. I know what it's like. I've had things thrown at me.

Just before bed tonight, she asked, "Do they call it a T-Rex because it drinks tea?" Heh. Actually, I'm not sure if that one is a pun or just a really good question.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment