Friday, December 5, 2008

Iron Woman

I had my four-week checkup at the Cancer Center today. Dr. GPO was really excited to hear about what Dr. H had to say. He agrees with the plan. I'll be starting on 10 mg of Revlimid for my next cycle.

The only results I have back are from the CBC. My hemoglobin is a butt-kicking 13.4! I think that's the highest it's ever been in my entire life. How did I pull that one off? My hematocrit is 38.2, which is also the highest it's been since I've been diagnosed, I think. That might be another all-time high, now that I think about it. There were times years ago -- back when I was "healthy" -- when I was turned away from donating blood because I didn't have a hematocrit that high. Anyway, all of those red cells are nice and robust and healthy. Thanks, red cells!

I'll find out about Spike next week. Hopefully he's continuing to keep a low profile.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment