Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Christmas quiz

My friend Diane sent me one of those e-mail quizzes, only this one is all about Christmas. I decided to put it up on the blog instead of sending it by e-mail. Everyone else, join in!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper

2. Real or fake tree? Real! We always go chop it down.

3. When do you put up a tree? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving weekend

4. When do you take it down? A few days after New Year's

5. Do you like eggnog? I'm seriously addicted to it. I want to swim in a vat of eggnog. I want to be hooked up to an eggnog IV. I want an eggnog fountain in my yard. It's a good thing you can only get eggnog for one month a year, or I'd weigh 500 pounds.

6a) Favorite gift received as a child? Hmm. The first thing that comes to mind is a Strawberry Shortcake baby doll that blew strawberry-scented kisses. I also remember my grandma giving me Where The Sidewalk Ends, and I spent all of Christmas day reading it to myself and laughing.

b) Favorite gift received as an adult? Last year I got a pedometer watch that I am still obsessed with each and every day. 15,683 steps today!

7. Hardest person to buy for? Jay

8. Easiest person to buy for? WCK

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. We got a basic set as a wedding present -- Mary, Joseph, and Jesus. Every year, Jay's family gets us a new piece to add to it. We now have all of the wise men, some shepherds, an angel, and various animals.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? In junior high or high school, I got a pink sweater with pictures of cats knitted into the design ... and the cats had rhinestone eyes. And my mom made me wear it.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Not until after Thanksgiving

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Well, this year I wrapped up a couple of things I found in the basement, but they had sentimental value. I hope the recipients see it that way, anyway.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Seven-layer bars

16. Lights on the tree? Yes, but they can't all blink on and off at the same time.

17. Favorite Christmas song? The ORIGINAL version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" with the ORIGINAL lyrics, as sung by Judy Garland in Meet Me In St. Louis.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? How would Santa find us if we traveled?

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, and for the last time, it is "Donder", not "Donner"

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I got a cheap star from Wal-Mart -- because WCK claimed Christmas would be ruined without it -- and it fell off. But apparently just trying to put it on the tree kept Christmas from being ruined. Whew.

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Growing up, we opened grandparent presents Christmas Eve and Santa presents Christmas morning. Now it's pretty much all Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The way the Christmas season starts on Nov. 1.

23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? Wizard of Oz. I have every Hallmark Oz ornament produced since they started in 1993, and a bunch of other miscellaneous Oz ornaments.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I still don't know what I am going to make. WCK requested bread with butter, cheese cubes, and cookies. Sounds good.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Just a fun day.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment