Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Maniac on the floor

I know I've been acting like the upcoming NKOTB show will be the concert of the year, but that was until this morning. Mr. Stinky Feet played the North Kansas City Community Center. I'm not sure any other musical event can ever top it.

WCK and I are obsessed -- ABSOLUTELY OBSESSED, PEOPLE -- with Mr. Stinky Feet. We were the first people to arrive at the show, and we got a great spot right up front. At first WCK wasn't sure what to think. She couldn't really believe that the famed Mr. Stinky Feet was actually five feet away from her, and she sat quietly in my lap. Somewhere toward the end of the concert, though, she decided to charge the stage.

OK, there wasn't really a stage, because the concert was held on the floor of a gymnasium. If there had been a stage, though, she would have been dancing right on it. Mr. Stinky Feet did a really good job of not tripping over her, bless him.

I wasn't quite sure what to do about it. I'm always trying to encourage her to be more outgoing, and there she was, dancing onstage with Mr. Stinky Feet in front of about a hundred people. Maybe I should have employed more discipline and told her to sit back down, but instead I got out the camera and got some video. She was just like Courteney Cox in the "Dancin' the Dark" video.

By the way, I tried to post a video of Mr. Stinky Feet, and YouTube wouldn't let me, dang it. You'll have to head over to YouTube and watch it on your own if you are interested.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment