Sunday, August 15, 2010

Nervous breakdown

I've been away from the blog for a while. I'm happy to say that WCK passed the "turtle" level at swimming lessons and is now an official duck. We took a trip to Omaha to see college friends (and their kids), who we haven't seen in a long time. WCK and I have been spending many hot days swimming in an icy-cold pool near our house. We got together with our moms' group and built gumball machines. (Actually, the moms built the gumball machines while the kids lost interest and ran off to play. Mine looks like it was crafted by a five-year-old, though, so I think I'll tell everyone WCK built it herself.)

Mostly, though, I've been spending most of August trying really hard not to have a complete nervous breakdown about

THE FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN!!





It's in two days. Really, it will be fine. Fine. Just fine. Do you think parents are allowed to bring along a personal bottle of wine to the FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN? It wasn't listed on the school supply list, but I think it should be.



No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment