Saturday, August 28, 2010

Meet my grandson, Bunny Bunny Bun Bun

Yesterday morning before school, WCK appeared in the kitchen with a doll stroller containing Bear and Bunny Bunny Bun Bun. Attached to the stroller was a camera, as well as baskets containing supplies, such as plastic food, bibs, and toys.



WCK informed me that these were her kids, and, seeing as I was their grandmother, it was my job to look after them all day while she was in school. She left strict instructions: "You can take them anywhere you want, except the desert, because they are both very scared of rattlesnakes."

My plans to explore the vast deserts of Kansas City dashed, I decided we'd spend the day hanging out around the house. Like a good grandma, I took photos to show WCK what her kids had been up to all day. First, we got out the toys she'd packed and played for a while:



We hung out with Garland:



We went outside, although we only went on the back deck, out of fear of neighbors, I mean rattlesnakes, spotting us:



We worked up big appetites hiding from rattlesnakes, so it was time to put on bibs and enjoy a healthy lunch of plastic vegetables:



And then a good nap in WCK's bed:




After their nap, I left them sitting quietly, nicely reading Bear's favorite book ...



I turned my back for a second, and ... THEY CLIMBED TO THE TOP OF THE KITCHEN CABINETS!! WHAT THE HECK? GET DOWN FROM THERE! YOU KIDS ARE BEING NAUGHTY!




Whew. I finally got them down. That was a close one. WAIT A MINUTE! NOW THEY'RE ON TOP OF THE LAMP!!! Those dang kids!



WCK found it hilarious that they'd climbed so high. Easy for her to say; she's off at luxurious kindergarten all day while I have to chase after her children. I was worn out. The time to go pick up their mother could not come soon enough.



No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment