Saturday, May 2, 2009

Wild and crazy stickers

I had a grandma who taught elementary school for years, and who liked to collect and save things. After my grandma passed away a few years ago, my mom found a set of plastic drawers filled with stickers -- probably hundreds and hundreds of stickers. Somehow, these stickers ended up in the back of one of my closets (because I also like to collect and save things). When I cleaned out the closets for the new carpet installation, WCK found the stickers and became obsessed with them. The other day, I walked into her room after "rest" time, and found that she had stuck what looked like hundreds of stickers all over her walls and furniture.

"Look, Mommy!" she said. "I decorated for a party!"

Then, while she was supposed to be helping me take the stickers down, she ran into the other room, got the scissors, and cut up a pharmacy receipt that we needed for our medical savings plan. It was a really fun afternoon. At least she is working on her fine-motor skills. I really don't understand why using scissors is an important skill they need to learn at preschool. I would really rather WCK not know how to use scissors. It's only a matter of time before an unfortunate haircut occurs.

Fortunately, the stickers are all really old and have lost much of their stickiness, so they came off the wall really easily. How old are they? Among the stickers I removed were ones featuring Robin Williams as Mork, one that said "Aqua Velva Dude" and one that said, "Well, excuuuuuuuuuse me!"

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment