Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tapeworm parade

WCK is obsessed with ... tapeworms.

That's right. She has a really cool kids' encyclopedia with lots of big, colorful photos, and one of the big, colorful photos is a lovely close-up of a tapeworm. The photo totally creeps me out, and I once made the mistake of telling WCK how yucky and creepy I thought it was. WCK found this hilarious. She loves the fact that I apparently hate tapeworms. Really, I had never thought about tapeworms much before, and I have never encountered one in the wild, but you have to understand that this photo is really, really creepy.

Now WCK brings up tapeworms about 1,000 times a day.

You think I exaggerate. Typical conversations at our house go like this:

WCK: Mommy, do you know what tomorrow is?
ME: What?
WCK: It's TAPEWORM DAY! We will have a tapeworm parade and eat tapeworm food and just celebrate TAPEWORMS!

Sometimes I'll be trying to fix dinner with a little voice behind me: "Mommy, there is a tapeworm on your head! Ha ha! Now it is on your ear! Now it's on your arm! Ha ha, Mommy! Aren't you scared of the tapeworm?"

She also composed an original song: "Who likes tapeworms? NO ONE! Who likes tapeworms? NO ONE!" (repeat)

And, of course, you can't beat, "Knock, knock!" "Who's there?" "A TAPEWORM!"

Her teachers haven't mentioned it to me yet, but I'm sure the endless tapeworm dialogue goes on at school. The other day WCK told me that they played "Simon Says" at Sunday school.

"When it was my turn," she said, "I told everyone to TOUCH THEIR TAPEWORM!"

I'm waiting for a concerned-teacher phone call any day now.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment