Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hot dogs, mummy hot dogs

Here's what I made for our Halloween meal. Don't laugh when I say they're supposed to be mummies:



They're hot dogs wrapped in strips of Pillsbury crescent roll dough and then baked. I think that part turned out OK, although the third mummy from the left looks a little bit bloated. It was when I tried to make eyes and a mouth with ketchup that everything went awry. Maybe I could say that they're just super creepy mummies with blood seeping from their bandages. Jay decided to put chili all over his and say that his mummy was climbing out of the dirt. Do mummies even crawl out of the dirt? These are mummies, not zombies from the Thriller video. Aren't they all inside perfectly neat and tidy ancient tombs? Way to kill my historical accuracy, Jay!

Anyway, I also made veggies with Green Slime (spinach dip) and the mini-pumpkin fruit cups that I made last year. I figured that we could all afford to stock up on some fruit and vegetables before the candy onslaught.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment