Saturday, August 22, 2009

Second day of school!

WCK's second day of school was spent, unfortunately, at home. She got some weird, 24-hour bug (no doubt picked up on the first day of school), so she wasn't able to go. It was a little sad, but she has fully recovered and will be able to go on Monday. WCK has never really had a stomach bug before -- maybe a mild one when she was a baby -- so I have to say I have a new admiration for my parents, who had to clean up after sick children on shag carpeting. I'm glad the '70s are over.

Today we were able to go to a festival near our house with a parade and some carnival rides. We let WCK get a balloon animal on the way out, and she asked for a blue poodle. If you'll remember, whenever WCK gets a balloon dog, she names it Ticklebee. Yes, Ticklebee III is home with us now! Ticklebee, how we've missed you.

I keep thinking that I should learn how to make balloon animals. It just seems like a good skill to have.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment