Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First day of school!

Today was WCK's first day of school. This year she'll be going three mornings a week, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

Last year, if you'll remember, I was a nervous wreck about her first day of school. I could barely purchase school supplies without getting all teary-eyed at Target. This year, it wasn't nearly as big of a deal. It was just like getting back into the old routine. WCK already knew her teacher from last year's weekly sign-language lessons, and she knew several of the kids in her class already, so everything went very smoothly.

When I arrived to pick her up, WCK was telling her teacher the story of how she once found a little pink drink umbrella on the ground at the park. This happened months ago, but it was very, very exciting.

"My, WCK," said her teacher, "you certainly have a lot of information that you like to share with me."

Ha ha. Yes. Yes, she does.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment