Monday, November 10, 2008

Good grief!

WCK and I belong to a large stay-at-home moms' group, but we've also belonged to a small playgroup with just seven or eight other moms since WCK was just a few months old. After three-plus years, our little playgroup is still going. We meet twice a month at someone's home.

When all of the kids were tiny babies, these playgroups were pretty low-key affairs. The moms would usually just sit on the floor and talk. Now that all of the original kids are big kids who like to be entertained, and now that everybody -- well, except me -- has at least two children, the moms have been getting more creative with these playgroups. The last few have featured very fun, creative crafts and snacks. Today was my turn, and I wasn't sure what I was going to do to keep the kids entertained. I don't think my house is very exciting.

Then I asked myself the question everyone should ask in times of crisis: What would Charlie Brown do?

Aw, yeah. I served up a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving feast. That's right: Popcorn, pretzels, toast, and jellybeans:




I'm not sure if the kids really got it, but the jellybeans were pretty popular. I only wish I'd had a ping-pong table to use as the dining room table, and a trained beagle to serve the food. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment