Thursday, January 10, 2008

LAST CHEMO!!!




I had my last chemo today. Last night, I told Henry that I hoped that they would give me a certificate because I read somewhere else that some cancer agencies do that when you're finished. Alas, no certificate. But the Nurse Ruth did say on our way out, "Oh, wish we had a certificate for you!" And I didn't even mention it at all anywhere to anybody (except for H). I was like, "Hell yeah, you shoulda." But I didn't really say that; it was more of a thought-bubble and a hiss to Henry on the way to the elevator.

BUT I'M DONE. Hopefully, forever.

I was even let off the chemo pill that I was taking in combo with the infusion. The doc didn't seem to think that at this point, it was doing much. So I was cool with that.

In a week, I'll be off to PA, and my family can see how fun cancer is.

So anyway, at the moment, I'm tired, exhausted, but can't sleep. Steroids. Gotta love them. I'm on sleeping meds too, and other things, but still, can't sleep.

Mom, Dad--got your message--will call you tomorrow. I'm fine--at the end of this crap and the middle of getting better.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment