Friday, June 4, 2010

ASCO preview

I started preparing for tomorrow's trip to ASCO by listening to a pre-recorded, pre-ASCO teleconference presented by IMF Chairman Dr. Brian Durie. I listened for about 25 minutes, then tried to pause it, and then couldn't figure out how to get back into the teleconference. I told you I am not cut out for this scientific stuff, including pushing the correct buttons on my phone. The 25 minutes I heard, however, were actually pretty interesting, and I think I got a good overview of what will be presented at ASCO this weekend. I decided to break it down into an illustrated version.

First, there will be new data on the three major myeloma drugs: Thalidomide, Revlimid, and Velcade. Dr. Durie called these drugs the "Three Musketeers" of myeloma. I say, mmmm .... Three Musketeers ....





There will also be data presented on new drugs. These are like Revlimid and Velcade: The Next Generation:



And there will be studies on different combinations of all of these drugs. Again, I say, mmm ... combination ...




Finally, there will be discussions on the role of transplant in myeloma:



This photo actually has nothing to do with the role of transplant in myeloma. I just thought it would be nice to include.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment