Monday, January 12, 2009

Long, slim, slimy worms are back!

Longtime readers may recall that I was unable to care for the wrigglers in my worm bin while going through chemo. The worms weren't the problem; it was their casings (a gussied up word for worm poop) that could have wreaked havoc with my repressed immune system.

For nearly two years, my friends Donny and Janet have been temporary foster parents, coddling and spoiling them as though they were their own.

On Saturday, the worms returned home.

I had their favorite food, pineapple, waiting for them. (Lucky for the gang, pineapple was on the menu for brunch at a friend's house on Friday. I asked for a "worm bag.")

If you've ever left a comment on this blog, you have a worm named in your honor. Among the brood are a set of triplets (Barbara 1, 2 and 3) and a set of quadruplets (Karen 1, 2 and 3 and Karin). It's hard to tell them apart, but Karin usually keeps the other worms in stitches.

It's good to have you home again, my long, slim, slimy friends.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment