Thursday, January 29, 2009

Miss Hoover? I glued my head to my shoulder!

One of my favorite episodes of The Simpsons is "I Love Lisa". This is the Valentine's Day episode where Ralph Wiggum gets a crush on Lisa. Just the other day, I bought WCK a new Valentine's Day t-shirt, not because she needs yet another Valentine shirt, but because it has a bee on it and says, "Bee Mine!", and it reminded me of Ralph Wiggum.



Anyway, if you remember the episode, you'll remember that the inept local radio DJs play "Monster Mash" on Valentine's Day and again on Presidents' Day. When I asked WCK what she did at school today, she proudly told me that she sang, "Monster Mash."

SERIOUSLY? LIKE ON THE SIMPSONS???? I questioned this repeatedly, but she insisted. "Sometimes you just have to sing Halloween songs on Valentine's Day, Mommy," she said patiently.

I was starting to think that her teacher was a fellow Simpsons fan with a wicked sense of humor. I wondered if I should send a thank-you card (or, perhaps, a "ItalicLet's bee friends" card). Then I opened WCK's backpack and saw a sheet of paper that said the class studied the letter "M" and learned the word "monster" as one of their sign-language words today. Oh.

Do you think it is possible that not everything in life revolves around The Simpsons? I choo-choo-choose not to believe that.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment