Monday, January 3, 2011

Treating bone mets

Today I had my regular dose of Zometa, a bisphosphonate (intravenous bone strengthener). I've been taking one or another bisphosphonates since my leg broke from the mets in 2002 anf they do seem to work. Because I've been on high dose Faslodex for the past few months, I've been able to get treatment at Swedish's Cherry Hill Ambulatory Infusion Center and see the nurses who've been taking care of me from the beginning of my mets journey. They are wonderful women and all caring, compassionate medical professionals.

A new drug, denosunab, was recently approved by the FDA for prevention of skeletal complications in patients with bone metastases from solid tumors. I plan to ask Dr G if he wants to switch me to Xgeva (denosunab). It's a monoclonal antibody and was found to be superior to Zometa.

1 comment:

  1. Orlicure 120 mg Capsule use to Reduce weight in high blood pressure patients, Reduce weight in high cholesterol, Reduce weight in diabetes, Reduce weight in heart disease, Stop weight gain, and different conditions. Orlicure Capsule may likewise use for purposes not recorded in this medication guide. Orlicure Capsule works by keeping retention of fat from the digestive organs.

    ReplyDelete