Sunday, April 11, 2010

My eyes! They burn!

I was walking the hallways of WCK's future school and saw a bulletin board display that said, "DAD'S ARE SPECIAL".

(Pause to breathe. Pause to breathe.)

What makes this particular case of apostrophe abuse so horrifying is that the letters and the apostrophe were cut from construction paper and stapled to the bulletin board. It wasn't an accidental typo. It wasn't something that could be blamed on a stray mark on a handwritten sign. Someone actually had to think ahead, cut out this apostrophe from a piece of paper, and then staple it to the bulletin board.

I've been worried enough about sending her off to kindergarten, but I think I've been holding myself together pretty well. Now it's all falling apart. I can't possibly send my sweet baby off to that strange place. WHAT IF THIS SCHOOL DOESN'T TEACH HER HOW TO USE APOSTROPHES?

(Pause to breathe. Pause to breathe.)

Maybe I can look into home-schooling.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment