Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Feed the Peeps, tuppence a bag

Yesterday was my 35th birthday (yay!). WCK and I went to see the play Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business at Union Station, had lunch at d'Bronx at Crown Center, and then played with some friends at the fairy tale exhibit. Later, we went to the park. It was a good day.

The main celebration was with my parents over Easter weekend. First, Jay went out and bought me some very special party ware. I'm sure the cashier at Target didn't give him any weird looks at all.



Then, WCK and my mom baked me a cake. Last year, the two of them made me a very cool Wizard of Oz cake. This year, with my birthday being so close to Easter, WCK announced that she wanted to decorate my cake with marshmallow Peeps. I bought several colors and styles of Peeps, thinking that WCK and my mom would figure out a way to arrange just a few of them on top of the cake. I was banished from the kitchen. When the dust cleared, WCK claimed to have re-created a scene from Mary Poppins using -- by my count -- 28 Peeps:



You don't see a scene from Mary Poppins? Clearly, you have not eaten enough sugar. Once you've been sucking down Cadbury Creme Eggs for several days, as I have, it will all come into focus. The yellow tulips are the chimneys, the blue bunnies holding toothpicks are the chimney sweeps (or, as I like to call them, chimney Peeps), and the purple chicks are pigeons. I'm assuming WCK put the pigeons in there to give the whole thing a more authentic, rooftops-of-London feel. I mean, without pigeons, the whole thing would be just plain silly.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment