Sunday, March 15, 2009

No more chest-tubes

My ladies have gone, so now I will raise hell in this hospital to mask the vacancy void that exists once again.

My last chest-tube was pulled today. Surprisingly it was not that bad as the previous chest-tubes that I had at other Spa institutions. Apparently they use a different technique here where they place the tubes through the skin and into the lungs in such a manner that the holes are not parallel to one another. No stitches, no pain, just take a deep breath and pull.

I feel bloated since the procedure.

I am now under the care of the post-transplant team and the oncology side of the house; surgery turned me over as they pulled the last tube out. Since the tube was pulled I can taste the rustic taste of blood in my mouth from belches,

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment