Sunday, September 14, 2008

Last Call for Light the Night

In just a few hours, the Cancer Banter team will be joining hundreds of other walkers at UCLA for the Light the Night fund raising event for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. (Will this help make up for UCLA's embarrassing 59-0 loss to BYU?)

We've now raised $1,220, just $280 shy of the $1,500 team goal. WOW! That means generous supporters have donated nearly $700 since I debated "to walk or not to walk" on August 27. Talk about passive income! Well, at least I was passive. Friend Valerie Wass was busy actively raising money and recruiting mutual friends to walk.

If you've been thinking about making a donation, ponder no more. Click on the Light the Night icon to the left and do your part to find a cure for blood cancers (leukemia, lymphoma and multiple myeloma). Give what you can afford, whether it's $5 or $50.

On another note, I feel like I've really arrived because my name was an answer in the LA Times crossword puzzle. The clue was "lazy person," and, of course, the answer was "Susan." I'm beginning to embrace my inner sloth.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment