Monday, February 1, 2010

WE WILL ROCK YOU

We all know that my husband is an amazing genius, but until this weekend, I had no idea that he's also an amazing genius at (wait for it) .... decorating handmade coasters.

It's true. The other day, Jay was going through some boxes in the basement, and he came across some coasters that he handcrafted himself in Industrial Arts class in 1989. This first sample, while perfectly lovely, only earned him a C+. We know this because the grade was still written on the back of the coaster.



I know! You're thinking, "C+? Really? But I would enjoy setting my Diet Coke can on top of a baby deer, or possibly a baby deer skeleton!" Well, obviously his Industrial Arts teacher knew that Jay was capable of more. That teacher knew that the deer-skeleton coaster, while useful for Diet Coke cans, lacked heart and vision and emotion. You can see that Jay poured all of that and more into the next coaster that he made, which earned him a robust B+.




AW, YEAH!!! I look at that, and I truly believe that I'm going to be rocked, possibly by some tiny, barefoot people!

It's the final coaster, however, that brought me to my knees. This next one also earned a B+, but I think it should have earned an A++++, or possibly higher. You won't believe this coaster, people.

Wait for it ....




YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Jay claims he doesn't remember making the coasters, so he can't quite explain what a frog has to do with Bon Jovi. I think the frog is demonstrating that everyone can enjoy a good Bon Jovi song, even the amphibious.


I have to add that a) I love Jay b) I warned him that I was going to put the coasters on my blog, and he gave his approval, and c) someday I'll find all of the dorky art projects I made in eighth grade, but, unlike Jay, I'm too lazy to even think about cleaning out boxes in the basement.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment