Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Recovery one week out

It's been just over a week since my hysterectomy and I feel about 85% recovered. I still needed pain meds yesterday, last night and this morning, but as of this moment I feel pretty good.

Monday was harder than expected, probably because I may have overdone it at the choir retreat/slumber party: walking up and down stairs, singing for hours, and generally probably moving more than I was ready for. I got very cranky at the end of the day and must have been pretty unpleasant to be around. A nap helped but didn't improve my mood. Watching the final episode of "Heroes" for the season did make a difference, but by the time it ended the time was already 10 PM and Rik had gone to bed.

Last night I put out a call for more dog walkers and J answered the call for today. I just can't quite bend over far enough to pick up the dog poop! Plus if the dogs got excited about something I think they could pull me off balance and I don't want to fall. Having a friend help walk them makes it much easier for me and gets me outside for a bit.


I did manage to bake more of the NY Times No-Knead Bread recipe (as adapted by the folks at Cook's Illustrated and Seattle Times writer Nancy Leson). It tastes so good and is so easy that I believe I will stop buying expensive bread for a while and just bake a couple of loaves each week. Why pay $6 for a loaf of artisanal bread when I can make it at home?

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment