Monday, June 18, 2007

Up, Up and (Almost) Away


All of your prayers, positive thoughts, powerful imagery and crossed fingers, toes and eyes appear to have done the trick. My platelet count rose from 50,000 to 90,000 over the last week.

I'm still just under the 100,000 absolute minimum required for admission, but I'm almost there. I'll go back again on Thursday for yet another blood draw and consultation, but it should be a slam dunk. (Oops, I should be careful about the "dunk" imagery.)

This morning I was pleased to meet Emily, the nurse coordinator for my stem cell transplant. She'll be a key member of "Team Susan" during this process. We're all still hoping that it will be an auto (my own harvested stem cells) rather than an allo (donor) transplant, but Emily said that there's no way to know if I'll have enough stem cells until we're actually in harvest mode.

My calendar dependence is gradually going "up, up and away," but I'm still working on letting go of having to know and control the outcomes of everything else in advance.



.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment